We are looking for Data Scientists that will help our clients discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter data driven decisions. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending a company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
A post-graduate degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Econometrics with solid Information Technology experience
A post-graduate degree in a IT field with solid quantitative analysis experience
Skills & Experience Required:
Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision trees, Ridge regression, MARS regression, etc.
Experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Python or Scala. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
Great communication skills and the ability to present data science methodologies to a business audience
Experience with data visualisation tools, such as ggplot, plotly or seaborn
Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive or Pig
Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Good scripting and programming skills
Experience in a dashboard technology, such as Power BI or Tableau
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence.
Please e-mail a word copy of your CV and mention the jobs you are interested in to
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.